Saturday 20 August 2011

Faces of Death 2 (Film Review)


Look for a fact this is my opinion and I can understand its IMDB score, The first film is one of my top 10 and I don’t have a problem admitting that. Yeah the squeals were unneeded but I still liked them… But I have no desire in seeing the 5th or 6th I heard they were awful (That and new footage). And I will never see “Traces of Death”…
Another fact I collect stuff to do with Mondo films and I love the genre even some people might easily say otherwise…..Still….

This film begins in vain as the first but largly focuses largely on stunt work gone wrong, as well as death in sports. Several scenes involve an attempt to jump a rocket-powered car over the St Lawrence River in Canada and land over one mile away in New York. Also featured nearly in its entirety is the 1980 boxing match between Johnny Owen and Lupe Pintor, with Owen being knocked out and later dying from the injuries sustained in the match.

Now the first is one of my top ten movies of all time (A list I normally revere for art-house or the best of the best). But I really liked it, (I’m also not uploading any pictures for this).
And if you’re not familiar with the term “Mondo” they have real and staged footage f death and other wired and strange acts, The story to this is limited by only narration but is interesting. The staged footage is pretty good and the narration isn’t as good as the first but i liked it.
Here is a fact I found

The UK DVD is based on the US print which runs around 25 mins shorter than European versions and misses footage of German freeway accidents, the El Salvador war, the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan and a section contrasting religion to the Iranian revolution. In addition the UK print was then cut by 1 min 54 secs by the BBFC to remove 3 scenes of animal cruelty. A rabbit being battered against a tree and decapitated as it struggles, a man biting a chicken's head off, and shots of a tube being inserted into a monkey's throat.

I wouldn’t recommended it but if you do have the desire I would suggest seeing the first movie before this.

Jesse’s “Faces of Death 2” score 76-100%

1 comment:

  1. Thank you ;3
    Much success in school ^_^
    My blog name... Yes, I was inspired by Marilyn Manson. It's a great song *_*
    Oh... hm... the weather here... it's getting warm, but it's also cloudy...
    It's nice to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete